Friday, June 6, 2014

New Challenge: Let's Go Monotone!

It's the first FRIDAY of the month, which means it's time for a new scrap challenge here at Just Two Midwest Girls!!  We're so excited to share with you!!  So, without further delay, your challenge is: CREATE A MONOTONE PROJECT.  Yep, this month, we decided to go all one color!  Here's a look at our projects.


Heather

Let me tell you all, I almost forgot about this challenge if Kelly did not send me a text earlier this week confirming the date of our June challenge!  I have been extremely busy with life lately (if you want to find out more, check out my post here explaining some fun (questionable?) stuff going on at the Sweet household).

Anyways, I tried to kill two birds with one stone for this challenge, so please forgive me. My best friend is expecting her first child next month. When she told me way back in December she was expecting, I immediately knew I wanted to make her a baby album.  Because I'm such a procrastinator, I JUST started on this album Wednesday. Well, at least at did most of the planning, list of journal prompts, techniques I wanted to include, and supply shopping. But I haven't put it together...until now.


DSCN2754

As you can see, the one color I decided to use, just like Kelly, is blue. I figured blue was an easy color to scrap with exclusively, and it was just a no-brainer for my layout; Lindsey is having a boy!

DSCN2755

Kelly

This is my first time creating a project that is all one color and I have to admit, I was a bit nervous.  Luckily, I found some inspiration from Elizabeth Kartchner and others online (that we will be sharing later in the month) that helped out.  Here's what I created:

 


The first thing I did to create these cards was to go through my stash of scraps.  I've been doing really great lately with working through my stash and I tend to keep the tiniest of scraps.  All three cards were created using just scraps (besides the cardstock).  I used a mixture of blue ink, paper, and embellishments to create these cards.

The key is to mix different tones of your color of choice to create cohesion so it doesn't all blend in to each other.  I hope you like!  (I will share the "how to" for these cards on my personal blog soon!)


Prize

 Untitled

Each entry is a chance to win the prize above.  Keeping with this challenge, the prize is monotone too, but definitely not boring!
  1. American Crafts Thickers in Sunny font-Teal
  2. Recollections Craft It Labels
  3. Recollections Craft It Wide Chevron Washi Tape
  4. 5 aqua/teal arrow paper clips
We hope you all enjoyed this monotone inspiration.  Now, go create something! Make sure to link up your project for a chance to win!  We're looking forward to seeing what everyone creates! 
xoxo,
Heather & Kelly
How to play along:

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback! xoxo