Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Closer Look: Heather's Alphabet Project

Heather here! Hope everyone's week has started off great. I'm here to give you a little closer look at my project I created for the August challenge.

DSCN2863

As you know from our challenge launch post, I was kind of scrambling to finish, let alone, start this challenge. I definitely did not give myself enough time for all my grandiose plans, again, which I discussed in the post linked above. Even though my original plan(s) were not the turn out, I still love my wall art piece.

I have seriously been obsessed (borderline unhealthy) with this Coastal Cabana color from Stampin' UP! Like, I don't think there's been a project recently in which I HAVEN'T used this color. I'm constantly gravitating to it.

Anyways, when picking the color scheme for my wall art, I was trying to think of to whom I would gift this. It's a perfect "print" for a nursery or child's room. And of course, I thought of my best friend's son, who's still pretty brand new. Blue and gray it was!

DSCN2867

Using my Silhouette Cameo, I die cut the letters of the alphabet using the Coastal Cabana cardstock and Smokey Slate cardstock, also by Stampin' UP! I used the Aharoni font and made each letter about an inch in height. The alphabet was typed in one text box, so I could resize the letters as one item, making everything proportional. I die cut a super cute Echo Park heart I found in the Silhouette Online Store. This was die cut in Coastal Cabana at a slightly larger size to highlight it as the focus piece.

I cut a piece of white cardstock-I believe it's the Bazzil white orange peel cardstock-to 7.5" x 9.5". I adhered the letters, alphabetically (obviously) paying close attention to the layout of the I (heart) U focus. You obviously want this in a diagonal layout. I replaced the "O" with the heart. I then cut a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock to 8" x 10", mounting the white piece of cardstock on top.

And there you have it! Super simple and easy. This project would make a great baby shower gift. Just plop this guy in a frame and voila!

Make sure to play along with us this month. Show us how you're using all those letters! Challenge details can be found here!

xoxo,
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and feedback! xoxo