Friday, August 1, 2014

August Challenge Launch: All the Letters!

Hello friends!  It's Friday AND time for another Just Two Midwest Girls challenge.  Thank you to the lovely ladies that linked up to last month's challenge.  The winner of the challenge is: KARRIE!!  Karrie, please email me (Kelly) at kelsterjean@gmail.com and I will send out your package of Teresa Collins journaling cards.

AND NOW onto our challenge for this month!  We thought we would mix it up this month with a product/design challenge.  We challenge you to: USE ALL 26 LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET!  It may seem a little difficult, but really with Thickers and stickers, misting templates, and die cuts being sold in the scrapbook marketplace, the possibilities are ENDLESS!  Here's a look at what we created.
  
Kelly's Project

I'm pretty excited to finally share this layout with you guys!  I've been working on it for a while now.  It actually was a little more complicated than you might think.  I'll share all the details in my "Closer Look" post in a few weeks!
Heather's Project

DSCN2865

This was actually my second attempt at our alphabet challenge. I had started a layout with various letters from tons of different Thickers packs. I didn't like it. Then, I got this super ambitious idea of creating a set flashcards for my niece. I even found a great printable set in the Silhouette store with coordinating cut files to jazz up the flashcards. Like I said, super ambitious. It's on my project list though. Anyway, I was scrambling to figure out something to use all the letters of the alphabet. (And, I guess, technically I didn't use "O," but I hope you'll forgive me.) Then I thought of this very popular design. I decided to make a wall art piece! It's very simple, but super cute. I may give it to my friend to put in her son's nursery. Make sure to come back next week to see a more in depth look as well as how I made this project and what I used!

The Prize


This month, we are introducing something new!  In addition to winning some scrapbook goodies related to the challenge, the winner will also receive a guest design spot for the following month!  We are so excited to start this and allow some of our readers a chance to play along with us!  We'll provide details to the winner each month with how they can play along.

We are really looking forward to seeing how you guys use all the letters of the alphabet. There really is a lot you can do with this challenge. Make sure to link up your project below. And come back throughout the month for closer looks of our individual projects, monthly inspiration, what we're currently loving, and a little peek into our diaries of a scrapbooker.

Can't wait to see what you all create!
Heather and Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Great job ladies. I have paper with all the letters on it. I am sure to play this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here for the first time.
    Thanks for the challenge.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback! xoxo