Wednesday, September 24, 2014

diary of a scrapbooker//why it's important to document ME

 

Kelly here dropping in to share with you this month's Diary of a Scrapbooker.  This series will post monthly along with the other posts we introduced last month.  Diary of a Scrapbooker is our chance to speak from the heart about a topic related to our challenge.  We hope you enjoy these posts!

 
Today, I'm talking a little bit about why it is important TO ME to scrapbook ME.  Even though I don't have kids (yet!), I still have a hard time scrapbooking about myself.  I think the simple reason is that I feel silly doing so.  Yeah, a few layouts are great to have and look back on, but that's all I really need, right?

 
When I look back on the layouts I have created, I wish that I would have taken the time to document myself in more moments of my life.  After all, how often are we 18? 21? 24?  I would love to remember what I loved at these stages of my life, what I was doing and what I was hoping for the future.  I will admit that the last year or so, I have been a little better about capturing ME in my layouts.  And I am so grateful for these!


When I think about why it is important for me to scrapbook myself, I think about how grateful I am to be able to read messages to my future self: about struggles of life, things I enjoy, and reminders to myself on how happy and simple life can be.  So really, why is it so important for me to document myself?  To remind my future self that I can be happy and life can be simple if I just let it be.  To remind myself that going through tough times is not the end all, be all.  To remind myself that things will get better.  And to remind my future self that I live and love.  LOTS!

xoxo
Kelster Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and feedback! xoxo